USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program and USA Hockey Arena seeks part-time Community Relations interns/volunteers to join marketing staff. This position offers the opportunity to grow and expand upon the USA Hockey brand by engaging with members and organizations around the community. Applicants selected for the position will be in a fast-paced environment that requires attentiveness to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to react quickly and appropriately.
Please note this is an unpaid internship opportunity located at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Michigan.
- Work all Team USA home games at USA Hockey Arena
- Work with Manager of Marketing Operations to effectively market Team USA’s NTDP
- Assist in planning, preparing, and executing community outreach events
- Facilitate team’s charitable initiatives such as 50-50 raffle, Kid’s Club, Chuck-A-Puck, and more
- Create/manage content and events for Kid’s Club, including monthly newsletters and special events at USA Hockey Arena
- Ensure the successful operation of Kid’s Club experience program
- Provide first-class customer service to USA Hockey fans on game days
- Conduct research to generate new ways to have the USA Hockey brand in the community
- Assist in a wide variety of other USA Hockey-related game day tasks
Skills and Qualifications
- College student majoring in marketing, advertising or communications desired
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, and friendly
- Experience with live event planning/execution preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Strong speaking skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain a professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Highly organized and task oriented
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Must be willing to work weekends/holidays
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Bryan Johnson, marketing operations manager, at Bryan.Johnson@USAHockey.org.