Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: USA Hockey Arena
Basic Function: All management and oversight of C.J.’s Restaurant and Brewery and USA Hockey Arena concessions.
USA Hockey Arena is seeking a highly-motivated and innovative individual to manage C.J.’s Restaurant and Brewery and all concessions operations. C.J.’s is a successful, year-round restaurant operation specializing in family fare. USA Hockey Arena also operates on-going concessions operations for arena events and the summer drive-in movie theater.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage all daily operations of restaurant and concessions
- Hire and manage all personnel, including daily, weekly and monthly employee schedules.
- Create a positive, inclusive work environment for kitchen staff, servers and managers.
- Evaluate and manage all vendor agreements.
- Ordering and tracking inventory including, but not limited to, food, beverage, serving products, equipment and furniture.
- Achieve financial results through systems and standards. Develop greater financial trends through business metrics, consistent focus on sales, COG, labor and total operating expenses
- Evaluate and adjust menus/offerings for both restaurant and concessions on a regular basis.
- Timely analysis of food and beverage prices in relation to competition.
- Manage rentals and schedule for banquet rooms/group reservations.
- Special event management including all arena and on-site events in coordination with arena general manager.
- Create innovative, new revenue-generating opportunities for restaurant and concessions.
- Build and maintain great relationships with customers and other USAH constituencies.
- Significant experience in restaurant management.
- A substantial and successful track record in profitable food and beverage management.
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs and profitability.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or leading a group.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers & co-workers
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Event management knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices.
- General knowledge of the USA Hockey, the National Team Development Program and other USA Hockey infinitives.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package and bonus/commission structure.
Application Procedure: To apply, email a letter of application, current resume, and list of three references in one .pdf document to: email@example.com.
USA Hockey Arena is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.